Must read before proceeding with the adoption application
Adoption Fee's are non-negotiable as they are based on covering operation expenses. This allows us to continue rescuing animals in need.
All dogs have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, wormed, heart worm tested, and dental. If needed they are micro chipped. They will come with a collar and ID, harness, leash, sweater or shirt if they are available. Finally a blanket plus their records.
We offer a 20% discount for adopters who adopt 2 or more of our dogs with exception of highly adoptable dogs with special fee.
Policies and Procedures:
1. We often get multiple applications for a dog and are considered on a first come, first served basis. Ultimately, we will approve the home that we feel is the best for the dog. An application does not guarantee that you will be approved for the dog of your choice. We make a great effort to match the perfect dog with the perfect home. The application is not a contract and is for information only to begin the evaluation process to if your family qualifies for adoption.
2. It has been our experience that Yorkies can and will become aggressive with small children so we do not place them in homes with children under 10 years of age. This is for the protection of both the dog and the child. Most of these dogs have spent their entire life in a cage and have never seen a child so we have no way of knowing how they will react.
3. These dogs have spent their entire lives in a kennel environment and are not house trained; therefore. These dogs have had no socialization and will not act like the pet you want. You will have to be patient to develop a trusting relationship which could take much time. We require a stay at home parent to teach them to be the pet you are looking for. However, we make an exception for senior dogs because they tend to sleep a great deal.
4. Most of these dogs have spent their entire lives in a cage so can NEVER be confined to a small space under any circumstances. If it is necessary to confine, a baby gate or an x pen is acceptable for short periods of time. A short period of time being less than five hours. This means you will never crate our dogs. We have a 100% failure rate when adopters think crating an animal is an appropriate method of training. Dog trainers and vets are very wrong about crating as a means of training. See the Crating tab and read the article. We get them back every time.
5. Prior to approval, you will be asked to provide pictures of your home where the dog will sleep, play, and live, or whenever possible we will arrange a home visit. When we have received your application and your pictures (or your home visit has been completed), and you have been approved for adoption, we will make arrangements with you to pick up the dog. Upon approvel, we will hold the dog for 3 days. On the fourth day, we require a 50% non-refundable deposit to hold the dog up to two weeks. Boarding fees of $5.00 per day will apply. Exceptions are highly adoptable dogs, in these situations, we require an immediate 50% deposit.
6. We strive to make the adoption process a good experience for both you and your new companion. We want these dogs to live a long, healthy life with their new "parents" and for them to become the center of your world. They require much love and patience, but watching them blossom into wonderful companion dogs will be the most rewarding experience of your life.
7. There is no Warranty expressed or implied against health (physical or mental), or loss of your future companion. We do our best to get these rescued animals ready for adoption. You are responsible for all medical issues from the time you sign the contract. Thus, you adopt this pet "as is". and Breeder Release Adoption Service and it's representatives shall not be held liable.
8. If you would like to apply to foster any of our dogs, please fill out the adoption application and indicate that you would like to foster. Please ensure you read our foster information located under Fostering.
9. We do not place adoption pets with families that have unaltered animals. Unaltered animals show more aggression than altered animals which can pose a danger to the adoption pet.
1. For the safety and well being of the dogs, we do not ship. Approved adopters will need to make arrangements to pick up the dog where he/she is being fostered.
2. Our main facility is a licensed shelter so we do not provide a delivery service. However, when time allows we can possibly arrange to deliver a dog to a mutually agreed upon location. The location needs to be within a reasonable distance of the foster parent's home. Our dogs are located in Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.
3. We are a no kill organization and our space is limited. Please plan to pick up your dog within 3 days after being approved. On the 4th day, we require a 50% non-refundable deposit and $5.00 per day boarding fee to hold the dog for up to 14 days. Exceptions are highly adoptable dogs; in these situations, we require an immediate 50% deposit. We will not transport a dog without a 50% non-refundable deposit.
4. We provide two belly bands for all of our adopted boys to aid with their house training, while in stock. When available, little girl panties will be provided.
5. All of our dogs have been checked by a veterinarian, (thank you Dr. Brubaker), spayed or neutered, dental completed as needed, wormed, microchipped, and vaccinated. We do not guarantee the health of any dog.
6. Many dogs come to us microchipped by the breeder and it is the adopter's responsibility to update the ownership of microchip information. Sometimes there are charges from the manufacturer to process this procedure. These charges are the adopters responsibility. We try to be sure that every dog is chipped but if, for any reason, the adopter takes possession of the dog and it is not chipped, the adopter must get the dog chipped at their expense.
7. We will provide all available paperwork that we have with the dog and any information we have regarding health and/or behavioral issues.
8. Our contract states that if you become unable to care for the dog for any reason, it MUST be returned to us at the owner's expense. We take a dog back at any time if the adopter is unable to care for the dog. If the dog is returned within 14 days, we will refund 75% of the adoption fee. We expect total commitment from the adopter to the dog and we are always available to answer any questions or concerns that arise. Please give these dogs a chance to acclimate to you and your home. They have spent years in a cage and many times it may take weeks for them to learn to trust. A 20% discount will apply to adopters who adopt two or more dogs.
9. We accept cash, check, PayPal, or credit/debit cards.
10. Please visit our FAQS page for behavioral and physical tips before picking up your new companion.